We provide practical assistance to business clients with all aspects of their business operations. We represent a wide range of businesses: family partnerships and enterprises; national corporations; sole proprietorships; and emerging and growing entities in many different business fields. We work with wineries, restaurants, manufacturers, developers, contractors, professional practices, and more. We help our clients choose a suitable business formation, we advise them on corporate and other duties, we review and draft all manner of contracts, we assist with labor and employment issues, we negotiate business purchase and sale agreements, we counsel clients as business transitions occur, and we provide effective representation in disputed and litigated matters.
- General business and corporate counsel representation
- Business succession planning
- Preparation of stock/ownership interest agreements, including voting. certificates, proxies, stock pledges, stock warrants and options
- Business financing transactions and documentation
- Conversion to a benefit corporation
- Organization of professional corporations & nonprofit corporations
- Merger-acquisitions, including asset purchases and entity purchases, conversions and reorganizations
- Employment Agreements and issues
- Hotel operations, financing, management, Franchise Agreement negotiation and documentation
- Distributor, vendor, customer negotiations, documentation, and dispute resolution
- Assisted hospitality client in complex conduit loan transactions involving over $50M debt financing.
- Represented client in all facets of starting a new restaurant, including organizing a limited liability company, purchasing a restaurant business including purchase of real estate, sale of assets, and alcoholic beverage license transfers.
- Provided counsel to winery client regarding grape purchase contracts.
- Represented client in the sale of its grocery business.
- Represented clients in a major reorganization and division of a longtime family partnership involving real property and other assets in excess of $100M.