Margaret (“Peggy”) Elliott was born in Lansing, Michigan on May 16, 1950. She began practicing in 1981 when she joined Anderson Zeigler’s predecessor firm. Peggy’s practice areas include Estate Planning and Administration, Taxation, Business law and Intellectual Property (trademark).
- Estate Planning (including Estate and Gift Tax)
- Trust Administration
- Business Law
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court of California, Northern
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction, 1972)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1981)
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- 4 Paws (Certified Pet Therapy Dogs)
- Santa Rosa Symphony (Former Board Member and Secretary)
- Keegan Leadership Committee for Memorial Hospital Palliative Care (Board Member)
- Goodwill Industries (Former Board Member)
- Sonoma Land Trust (Former Board Member)
- Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce (Former Board Member)
- Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council (Former Board Member)
- Napa-Sonoma Junior League (Former Board Member)
- Bennett Valley Education Foundation (Former Board Member)
- Santa Rosa Downtown Market (Former Board Member)
- Community Foundation Sonoma County Professional Advisor Committee (Former Board Member)
- Volunteer for Earthwatch: Crocodiles of the Okavango, Botswana
- Professional: Teaching positions: Adjunct Faculty for the Sonoma State University Attorney Assistant Program; Faculty for Estate Planning and Gift Taxation at Empire College School of Law; Co-author of Income Taxation of Decedent, Estate and Beneficiaries, 2 California Decedent Estate Practice.
- Personal: Interests are road biking, skiing, Scottish terriers, needlework, and all things in Michigan.