Courtney McGee’s practice is focused on business and commercial transactional work, as well as general business, intellectual property, and labor law counseling. Courtney regularly advises directors, officers, managers, HR, and marketing representatives for a variety of companies across different industries. Courtney’s representative matters and projects include assisting with the sales of retail, tech, and professional services companies; advising on internal company policies and procedures; and structuring and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including vendor, consulting, licensing, nondisclosure, and confidentiality agreements. Courtney enjoys assisting businesses with the protection of their commercial assets through all stages of their operations; she files and secures trademark registrations to ensure protection and profitability of branding, provides risk mitigation counsel for website terms and advertising materials, and drives commercial transactions by helping to strategize business relationships and deals.
Courtney graduated from Boston College’s Carroll School of Management in 2011 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and a Concentration in Marketing. In 2014, she earned her Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School, meeting the requirements to graduate with an Intellectual Property Concentration with Distinction. This unique combination of business and legal education lends Courtney a distinct perspective; she strives to assist clients with their legal inquiries while maintaining an eye on their primary business goals as well.
- Commercial Transactions
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Boston College, Wallace E. Carroll School of Management (B.S. 2011)
Suffolk University Law School (J.D. 2014)
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Professional: Courtney served as team leader of her law school’s Trademark Moot Court Team and won 2nd Place Written Appellate Brief at the 2013-2014 Saul Lefkowitz Eastern Regional Moot Court Competition.
- Personal: Courtney was born and raised in Sonoma County. She currently resides in the Inner Richmond District of San Francisco.